With the establishment of TÜBİTAK Marmara Research Center Polar Research Institute (TÜBİTAK MAM KARE) in 2019, a scientific body has come to life to serve as an umbrella organization in Turkey.
Under the auspices of the Republic of Turkiye Presidency and with the support and financing of the Ministry of Industry and Technology, “National Polar Science Program 2018-2022” was issued and entered into force in December 2017. Under this program, a “National Workshop of Polar Sciences” is held every year to evaluate the results of scientific projects, studies and expeditions conducted by Turkish scientists in polar fields and to discuss the developments in priority areas. In addition, since 2020, a 'Polar Festival' is held for students and teachers to participate in training and awareness-raising activities about the polar regions by meeting with scientists conducting research in the polar regions.
- The First National Polar Sciences Workshop was hosted by Istanbul Technical University on 12-13 April 2017,
- The Second National Polar Sciences Workshop was hosted by Istanbul Technical University on 12-13 September 2018,
- The Third National Polar Sciences Workshop was hosted by Middle East Technical University on 5-6 September 2019,
- The Fourth National Polar Sciences Workshop was held on 22-23 October 2020, under the coordination of TÜBİTAK MAM Polar Research Institute, as an online event.
You can follow this page for up-to-date Information.
- The 5th National Polar Sciences Workshop: 30 November 2021, Gebze Technical University Congress and Culture Center
- The 2nd Polar Festival: December 1, 2021, TÜBİTAK MAM Gebze Campus
- Announcement of Granted Abstracts: November 17, 2021
- Publication of the Abstracts Book: December 09, 2021
Detailed Information on the 5th National Polar Sciences Workshop:
The 5th National Polar Sciences Workshop, which is held annually to bring together researchers and academics of our country who have conducted or plan to conduct various scientific studies either in the Arctic and Antarctic Regions, is organized with a focus on scientific processes for researchers, academics and teachers. The participation of graduate and undergraduate students is also recommended.
To access the abstracts books of previous National Polar Sciences Workshops, please click here.
Detailed Information on the 2nd Polar Festival:
The second Polar Festival brings together scientists with teachers and students (especially primary, secondary and high school students) to share their polar experiences and pass them on to future generations. In addition, various activities such as exhibitions, games, and documentary screenings are organized to increase the awareness of young people in polar and climate topics.
To attend the festival, you can reach the festival venue by following the direction signs from Gate-A of TÜBİTAK Gebze Campus on December 1st.
Vaccination cards, HES code and PCR Tests at the entrance to the 5th National Polar Sciences Workshop and the 2nd Polar Festival:
As part of Covid-19 Pandemic measures,
- A check will be made via 'Hayat Eve Sığar - HES' mobile application.
- Participants are expected to present their vaccination cards and have had 2 doses. Participants who have not received any vaccine, have received the first dose of the vaccine, and have not yet completed 14 days since the second dose, will be allowed to enter if they have taken a PCR test within the last 72 hours and have a negative result on E-Nabız.
You can email email@example.com for any questions you may have about the 5th National Polar Sciences Workshop.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you may have about the 2nd Polar Festival.