Water Management and Treatment Technologies Research Group focuses on research on water resources and watershed management, wastewater treatment and recovery, analysis and treatment of environmental pollutants, analysis and risk assessment of hazardous waste with a staff of 25 researchers of which 60% has a Ph.D degree.
Water Management and Treatment Technologies Research Group conducts both national and international projects together with Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Ministry of Environment, Urbanization and Climate Change, Municipalities and many other government departments and organizations.
- Water Resources Management
- Treatment Technologies
- Wastewater and resource recovery
- Climate change and water resources
- Rainwater management (rainwater harvesting)
- Agricultural water management
- Development of sensors and systems for water quality monitoring
- Analysis and treatment of environmental pollutants (priority substances, specific pollutants, persistant organic pollutants, pharmaceuticals and personal care products etc.)
- Analysis and compliance studies within the scope of regulations
- Characterization studies (water, wastewater, soil, sludge and waste oil)
- Analysis and risk assessment of hazardous waste